- Create a simple 2 page responsive website on some aspect of mobile design.
- Examples would be responsive typography, best practices, apps that help wiht design, etc.
- No images are required. Focus on the text and layout.
- It could be related to app design or mobile web design or both
- An example would be a comparison of mobile web frameworks
- You an use an article or site on the web as source material, as long as you do not publish the site
- If you do want to publish the site, you must have rights to all material
- You can code the site by hand or use Dreamweaver Fluid Grids
- Do not use a framework like bootstrap for this assignment. We will use frameworks later.
- We are skipping some traditional development process steps like information architecture to focus on the rapid creation of the design
- 2 pages minimum
- The pages must have at least 2 breakpoints, which will result in 3 basic layouts for phone, tablet and desktop
- 1 fluid image (extra credit, not required)
- Decide on a subject
- Do an inventory of assets/content
- Organize and prioritize the content
- Create sketches
- Refine the design
- Create wireframes for at least 3 layouts using balsamic or other tool
- Create a working version of the site
- See the GDES 51 main page for due dates
- 10 points - Layout sketches
- 10 points - Wireframes
- 15 points - Requirements (pages, breakpoint, etc.)
- 25 points - Execution and Design