To record on PC using sound recorder.(limited to 60 sec.)
1. Insert cd
2. Right click volume controls in task bar.
3. Go to options in upper left and select properties.
4. Click on record and make sure the cd player is checked.
5. Click OK.
6. In recording control, check the select box under cd player balance.
7. Open Sound recorder under accessories.
8. Go to properties under the file menu.
9. Click the convert now button.
10. Change the attributes to 44.1 khz, 16 bit, stereo.
11. Click OK and OK agian to close properties window.
12. Choose the part of the song you want to use, and hit record.
13. Save as a .wav file and import into director.
To record in sound forge
1. Open sound forge and click the record button.
2. Play cd with the cd player.
3. Right click the volume contol in the task bar and change volume settings as needed to get good levels in Sound Forge. You might have to set them very low.
4. You should be able to see the levels moving at about -12db.
5. Click record in the record window in Sound Forge.